[tz] offtime_r

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Apr 23 07:22:34 UTC 2023

On 2023-04-20 02:53, Dag-Erling Smørgrav via tz wrote:
> The tzcode distribution includes a (non-standard and undocumented)
> offtime() function but no offtime_r() function, which seems like an
> oversight.

The effect of offtime_r can be implemented by calling localtime_rz with
a fixed-offset zone. As commentary says offtime "may well disappear in
future releases of the time conversion package", it might be better for
offtime to vanish than to multiply. For now I installed the attached
patch to add more commentary about the situation.