[tz] Changing 24:00 to 0:00 where possible

Jacob Pratt jacob at jhpratt.dev
Tue Apr 4 21:00:45 UTC 2023

> I would have thought that the parsing would be done offline (e.g. after
each TZDB release), and the TZDB data would be converted into a different
format that is more amenable to the computation that your code is
performing.

It will be! However, it is quite likely that some users will want to be
able to use their system's copy of tzdb, as the language I'm using is
statically linked.

> there has been a standard parsed data format (now called "TZif")

I was not aware of this! Now that I search, I see that there is existing
tooling from the Unicode Consortium to parse this format. Given that, it'll
make things quite a bit easier on my end.

In any situation, having 24:00 where 0:00 is a possibility remains a bit
odd, even if that is what the original sources say.

Jacob Pratt