[tz] Antarctic research base Vostok local time

АПС АКУЛОВ leader_vostok at aari.ru
Tue Dec 19 07:03:41 UTC 2023

 >Your giving notice a few hours before the time shift was maybe not the
best idea.
Well, sorry, but I am not too experienced with timezone changing.

 >Any stimulants like W.... involved in such a short-term decision?

Actually it doesn't matter for us which timezone to use, even if it was
Ivory Coast timezone — you see, at polar day it is sunny all around
o'clock, at polar night it is dark all around o'clock.

But we constantly interact with Progress base, with company who builds
new wintering station, with convoys — they all use UTC+5.

So I made my base to work accordingly this timezone.

 >And you may be asked to prove your authority over such matters.

Okay, how can I do it?

I am the chief of Vostok base; I communicate with you via email that
belongs the only Antarctic operator in Russia, Arctic and Antarctic
Research Institute, https://www.aari.ru/en .

Maybe, a scan-copy of my order will be okay? But mean, it is in Russian

--
УВАЖЕНИЕМ=
АПС АКУЛОВ=