[tz] [PROPOSED 00/18] tzselect improvements for configuring "from now on"

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 21 01:36:37 UTC 2023

On 2023-12-19 23:51, Philip Paeps wrote:
> I'll try to find a chance to test this on FreeBSD in the coming days.

Thanks for the quick review. Your email inspired me to run 'make check'
on FreeBSD 14 and I found a false positive from FreeBSD's C compiler
suite: FreeBSD 14's c99 command incorrectly diagnoses uses of _Generic
even when the uses are protected by "#if
__has_extension(c_generic_selections)".

I installed this patch to work around the problem:

https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/ce293ccb574a77956c758a81287dbc8ef4f4eedf

along with some other patches I just now emailed to the list.

This is by no means a full set of tests on FreeBSD, so any further
testing you can do would be appreciated, even if the testing is after
the next TZDB release is published.