[tz] Definition of "timezone"

Guy Harris gharris at sonic.net
Fri Dec 22 00:39:17 UTC 2023

On Dec 21, 2023, at 4:07 PM, Dale Ghent <daleg at elemental.org> wrote:

> Oh, in no way did I suggest that time?zones be directly linked to language or geographic i18n/i10n locales.

I wasn't worried about you, I was worried that *other* people might get confused by the word "locale".  If not, great.

And, yes, that's the problem with "timezone" vs. "time zone" - they may be too similar, and, when read aloud, they sound too similar unless you make the space between "time" and "zone" into a noticeable pause, and even *that* might not help.

That's why I've used "tzdb region" in the past.