[tz] [EXTERNAL] Re: Charset for Digest Emails

Paul Gilmartin PaulGBoulder at AIM.com
Fri Feb 24 16:34:29 UTC 2023

On 2/24/23 08:25:07, Owen Leibman via tz wrote:

> I tried that when requested, and then waited for a message with a non-ASCII character in the body to come along. I finally found one, not in the body of the message, but in the signature ("rien à ajouter"). That is rendered correctly in the digest, so the change you mentioned seems to work as desired. I will continue to monitor for a while (this message will, of course, have a non-ASCII character in the body). Thank you.

RFC 1521 defines The Multipart/digest subtype.
<https://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/1521/19.htm>

Why not use that for digests?
o It would allow various char ets fir individual messages.
o Some (alas, not all) MUAs support replies to individual messages.

--
gil