[tz] Iran Time Zone is Incorrect in Your Database

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jun 2 22:12:24 UTC 2023

On 6/2/23 06:04, Mohammad Ahmadian via tz wrote:
> This year, the Iran government decided to cancel the daylight time zone. So
> they did not change the time zone to 04:30. It is now 03:30. I updated my
> tablet via this application to the latest version of your database
> successfully:https://github.com/meefik/tzupdater

Yes, last year we were informed about that change for Iran, and the
change appeared in tzdb 2022b, released 2022-08-10. See:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announce/2022-August/000071.html

I wasn't aware of meefik/tzupdater until today, and I don't know how it
works or what's going wrong with your update. You might ask its author
for help.