[tz] Egypt daylight savings will be back

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Mar 1 20:20:35 UTC 2023

On 2023-03-01 03:56, Ahmad ElDardiry via tz wrote:
> Egypt officially announced today that daylight savings will be applied from
> last Friday of April to last Thursday of October.

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll need a new TZDB release some time fairly
soon, since our current prediction for Egypt will be wrong starting
April 28.

Google Translate suggests that the announcement doesn't specify
transition times. The attached proposed patch assumes the transition
time is 00:00 in spring (i.e., the start of April's last Friday) and
24:00 in fall (i.e., the end of October's last Thursday.) Does that
sound right to you?