[tz] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-murchison-rfc8536bis-06.txt

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 7 22:18:44 UTC 2023

On 3/7/23 12:36, Steffen Nurpmeso via tz wrote:
> I wonder whether it would make sense to avoid the link to github?
> Ie, there is
>
>   [EGGERT-TZ] "History for tz", October 2018,
>    <https://github.com/eggert/tz/commits/master/tzfile.5>

That citation was intended to refer the reader to the history for
tzfile.5, not just its current contents. This history is not so easily
available on iana.org.

At least we need to fix the citation by changing "master" to "main" in
its URL. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Admittedly this is all a bit cryptic. Maybe some more wording in the
citaion would also be helpful.