[tz] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-murchison-rfc8536bis-06.txt

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 9 21:30:52 UTC 2023

On 3/8/23 06:50, Ken Murchison wrote:
> I wonder if we need to add a definition of "leap second table expiration".

That wouldn't hurt. Perhaps something like the following in the Section
2 definitions?

-----

Leap Second Table: A record of a series of consecutive leap seconds.

Leap Second Table Expiration: The cutoff time for a leap second table,
such that the table does not record the presence or absence of leap
seconds on or after the cutoff. For example, a leap second table
published in January, which predicts the presence or absence of a leap
second at June's end, might expire in mid-December because when the
table is published it is not known whether a leap second will occur at
December's end.

-----

PS. I see that the draft sometimes says "leap second" and sometimes
"leap-second". I assume that follows some editorial rule that I don't
remember. The above text might need hyphenization to fix that.