[tz] DST Change in Egypt April from GMT+2 to GMT+3

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 9 23:01:59 UTC 2023

Thanks for that URL, as it's more official than the Middle East News
Agency citation that we were using. I installed the attached proposed
further patch.

Today the Economist reported that the Egyptian government hopes DST
"will curb the country’s electricity usage and free up natural gas for
export, since it generates about 60% of Egypt’s power. But Egyptians are
rolling their eyes." See:

Time’s up—whatever the time is: Fiddling with Egypt’s clocks. The
Economist. 2023-03-09.
https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2023/03/09/fiddling-with-egypts-clocks