[tz] mandoc(1) warning in tzfile(5) regarding //

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at Shaw.ca
Fri Mar 10 03:46:16 UTC 2023

On 2023-03-08 15:48, Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
> On 3/8/23 14:15, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
>> That patch looks good to me.
>> I suggest using the project name without a version. How about the
>> following?
>> .TH tzfile 5 "" tzdb
>> (or alternatively:)
>> .TH tzfile 5 "" "Time Zone Database"

> Yes, that should work. I installed the attached proposed patch into the tzdb
> development repository. Feel free to migrate this into man-pages at your
> convenience. No rush of course.

It would be nice to have the tzcode release or date in the third "date" argument.
Trying to find a current rendering online for quoting as a reference, or figure
out how out of date online versions are, is as much fun as trying to match
public domain licence text variations. ;^>

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry