[tz] Morocco: Ramadan Time Change 2023 [was: Morocco: Ramadan Time Change 2022] [was: Re: Morocco : Ramdan Time Change 2021]

Milamber milamberspace at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:49:34 UTC 2023

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the patch.

Official source:
https://www.mmsp.gov.ma/fr/actualites/passage-%C3%A0-l%E2%80%99heure-gmt-%C3%A0-partir-du-dimanche-19-mars-2023

Google translate:
Changeover To GMT Time From Sunday March 19, 2023

March 14, 2023
On the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, Morocco will switch to GMT
time from Sunday March 19, 2023 at 03:00 a.m., delaying legal time (GMT+1)
by 60 minutes, in accordance with the article 2 of decree n° 2.18.855
published on 16 Safar 1440 (October 26, 2018), relating to legal time and
the decree of the Head of Government n° 03.17.23 published on 13 Chaâbane
1444 (06 March 2023) , modifying the legal time of the Kingdom.
Noting that the return to Kingdom legal time (GMT +1) will take place on
Sunday April 23, 2023 at 02:00, after Ramadan.

Regards,