[tz] Lebanon DST change internally disputed

Rany Hany rany_hany at riseup.net
Sat Mar 25 21:58:47 UTC 2023

My gut feeling is that this change won't last long and will be repealed
soon. The public frustration with this change is just too great,
especially seeing that it was done on such short notice and with
non-existent planning for the ramifications/methods for carrying it out
(they didn't even contact IANA!)

At any rate it does appear that the consensus in the country is that DST
is postponed and so I don't see a need to update the timezone data...
and besides what is the protocol in these cases, a new timezone for
every sect?

Perhaps it would be the first instance of timezones on the basis of sect
than region (or have the Tibetans beaten us to the punch?)