[tz] Lebanese Time Zone

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Mar 27 15:55:35 UTC 2023

Hello Sandro,

S J via tz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Your recent changes to Lebanon's adherence to DST is wrong:
> "This year Lebanon springs forward April 20/21 not March 25/26.
>      (Thanks to Saadallah Itani.)"
>
> https://data.iana.org/time-zones/tzdb/NEWS
> <https://data.iana.org/time-zones/tzdb/NEWS>
>
> The government of Lebanon did not issue a law decree stating this change
> and proper legal procedures were not followed.
>
> This led to civil action locally where all respected media and groups
> are not abiding by this decision, taken without any proper legal procedures.
>
> Please correct the change on your end to avoid adding to the massive
> confusion.
> All devices have already updated to DST, so your change is only adding
> to the confusion.

Perhaps you should first do some research on *who* is responsible for
the massive confusion before starting to blame people who do their best
to provide correct data.

> Thank you for your understanding.

A little bit more understanding from your side would be appreciated, too.

> I do not give the right to use my name, email or any other identifying
> information on any public communications or messages or updates.

If you don't want to see your name in public communication, maybe you
shouldn't send email to a public discussion list. ;-)

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Phone: +49 5281 9309-414
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinburnicki/

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Websites: https://www.meinberg.de  https://www.meinbergglobal.com