[tz] Proposal to revert 2023b's Lebanon data changes

Rany Hany rany_hany at riseup.net
Mon Mar 27 18:34:40 UTC 2023

This is unfortunately complicated and most hospitals (and organizations
in general) have not abided by the government's decision. I do not think
it should be memorialized because that change wasn't even respected by
the government itself when it comes to storing records on computers.

For example, the Ministry of Finance and Education ignored the
government's postponing of DST when storing information on computers
(with the Education ministry ignoring it entirely) and I assume this was
done by most if not all the government departments. So in a way,
memorializing this change would actually cause issues NOT solve as old
records created with an old tzinfo will break.