[tz] Did Greenland abolish daylight saving from 2024 on?

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Nov 17 11:26:00 UTC 2023

Guy Harris via tz said:
> 	It is a form of daylight saving time in which standard time is in effect during summer months, rather than the usual case where standard time is in effect during winter months.
>
> to clarify it ("the opposite compensation to the summer time" is "opposite" only in the sense that standard time is ahead of non-standard time rather than being behind it - it's not "opposite" in the sense of "the clocks go forward in the winter and backward in the summer", which I see as an equally valid sense of "opposite", and one which I suspect might be the sense most ordinary folk, as opposed to time nerds, would see "opposite" in this case).
>
> (And if anybody claims that it means that daylight saving time is in effect during the winter, I'm going to {{cn}} the heck out of that claim.)

Wasn't there a place in the shadow of a mountain where the clocks were put
*forward* in the winter to make it light when people needed, while in the
summer the sun shone over the top of the mountain so it did't matter?

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.