[tz] Winter Time in Palestine for 2023s year

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 9 18:23:45 UTC 2023

On 10/9/23 10:06, Derick Rethans wrote:
> The attached PDF had different spring dates for 2024-2026 compared to
> what tzdata has predicted.

Yes, but that PDF is simply page 2 of the PDF dated 2022-08-22 that we
received in August 2022[1]. This was later superseded by the March 2023
cabinet decision[2].

I guess that the email we received today[3] copies the August 2022
communique merely to support the statement that Palestine's fall
transition is the same that what was planned in August 2022.

TZDB currently predicts that Palestine's spring transition will be April
13, 2024 at 02:00, contrary to [1] and [3] (which have the transition on
March 30) but more consistent with [2] (which says Palestine used
standard time during Ramadan 2023). It would be helpful if the
Palestinian cabinet could confirm TZDB's guess soon, rather than wait
until April next year, because if TZDB's guess is wrong it will take
some time to propagate fixes out to cell phones and computers.

[1]: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2022-August/031887.html
[2]: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2023-March/032733.html
[3]: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2023-October/033075.htm