[tz] From ministry of digital development and communications

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 1 03:59:06 UTC 2023

On 2023-08-30 23:17, delgermaa.g via tz wrote:
> Our country is studying of switching to regular summer time starting from 2024. In this regard, how many months in advance should your organization be notified of the time zone change?

Thank you for letting us know. As mentioned in [1], we suggest that any
rule change be announced at least a year before it affects how clocks
operate; otherwise, there is a good chance that many clocks will be
wrong due to delays in propagating updates. Of course we can update the
Time Zone Database with less notice than a year. However, the shorter
the notice, the more likely clock problems will arise.

[1]: https://data.iana.org/time-zones/tz-link.html#coordinating