[tz] request to update DST info for Timezone: Tehran/Iran

brian.inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca brian.inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Apr 9 17:59:45 UTC 2024

On 2024-04-09 07:41, Vajihe Bitarafan via tz wrote:
> I am using some system and I encountered that in some situations Daylight Saving
> Time  is not working correctly.

Please contact your product support to update their time zone and summer
daylight saving time data as this has been known and available for 2 years.

> From 20 March 2023 , DST has been removed from government Policies and So from
> then there would not be any changes in Time. So Time zone Tehran/IRAN is +3:30
> for all days of the year.
> I hope it will be reflected in timezone databases and I can see the Joda time is
> updated respectively.

Updated in 2022b August:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announce/2022-August/000071.html

also in Joda-Time the same month:

https://www.joda.org/joda-time/changes-report.html#a2.11.0

and in other products within the year e.g. 2023 April:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/daylight-saving-time-time-zone/iran-2023-time-zone-update-now-available/ba-p/3805707

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry