[tz] Canadian Geographic Matthews & Vincent article URI updates

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Wed Jan 17 20:42:25 UTC 2024

Canadian Geographic magazine has been a bi-monthly for some decades at least,
and now appears to have become a legacy media publisher.
They probably sold out of most older (and some recent) back issues some time
ago, and may have felt they were paying too much to provide access to resources
for non-members, so dropped public? access to older articles online.
Their current online articles are short 200-5k word 1-20 min reads, appearing to
be teasers for their available print publications: they do not even offer
digital-only subscriptions.

On 2024-01-16 11:22, Arthur David Olson wrote:
>> "...Canadian Geographic has reorganized their website and
>> only fitfully publishes articles from back issues now."
> Reminiscent of a regional Quaker newsletter with an irregular publishing
> schedule; rather than a periodical, it was a spasmodical.

	Groan!

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2024, 12:26 PM Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
>     Thanks, I installed the attached. We'd prefer linking to the original
>     but apparently Canadian Geographic has reorganized their website and
>     only fitfully publishes articles from back issues now.

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry