[tz] Kazakhstan to shift from UTC+6 to UTC+5

Dauren Sarsenov daur88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:14:17 UTC 2024

Hello, all.

There is an upcoming timezone change I want to inform you about. In Kazakhstan we are moving away from UTC+6 to UTC+5 across all areas of the country.
The change is effective at 00:00 1 march 2024. The clock will shift 1 hour back. After the change, only the UTC+5 timezone will remain in the country.
I have linked the official statement (no Eng version of the statement though) and some links to news articles:

1) KAZ: https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/mti/press/news/details/688998?lang=kk
2) RUS: https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/mti/press/news/details/688998?lang=ru
3) KAZ: http://law.gov.kz/client/#!/doc/192700/kaz
4) RUS: http://law.gov.kz/client/#!/doc/192700/rus
5) ENG: https://daryo.uz/en/2024/01/21/kazakhstan-set-to-shift-to-utc5-time-zone-on-march-1-2024
6) ENG: https://qazmonitor.com/news/2430/kazakhstan-to-change-the-clocks-to-single-time-zone-in-2024

The news broke 19th of january, hence informing you at the short notice.

Best regards
Dauren Sarsenov