[tz] Expanding the section on the Czech Republic and Slovakia

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 31 07:31:42 UTC 2024

Thanks for the citations and the readings of sources. They agree with
what's currently in TZDB except for the 1918 transitions, which TZDB and
the main text of "Kdy začíná a končí letní čas" both say occurred at the
usual times, whereas the 1918 source cited by "Kdy začíná a končí letní
čas" says the transitions occurred an hour earlier than usual.

The 1918 source seems to be full of Czech humor so I tend to think it's
not as reliable as we'd like. For now I installed the attached patch to
the TZDB commentary, to mention the discrepancy but without changing the
data proper.

We can of course adjust the data later if we find better sources.
Admittedly it is hard to find good sources for central Europe in 1918.