[UA-comms] Fwd: Workshop Submission IGF 2015

Kurt Pritz kpritz at thedna.org
Thu Jun 4 18:10:16 UTC 2015

Dear Rich:

cc: UASG Coms Group

I'd like to take 5 minutes of tomorrow's UA-comms meeting to discuss the upcoming UA workshop at the Brazil IGF. As you know, the joint DNA-UASG Proposal to sponsor a Universal Acceptance workshop at the November IGF meeting in Brazil has been accepted. I recently received the formal note of acceptance (below) and responded with thanks.

However, the acceptance comes with a request to amend our proposal in accordance with the evaluators' comments (attached). In particular, one evaluator stated, "The description does not clearly specify the Internet Governance problem/question/challenge to be addressed during the workshop." It is a fair comment as we focused on what sort of workshop would benefit the UA issue and not facilitate Internet Governance issue discussion. Nonetheless, I think the question can be adequately answered.

During the meeting tomorrow, I'd like to solicit participation by a small number to combine to answer this question - the response is due July 1. The same team might go on to plan and execute the workshop.

Thanks for considering this.

Regards,

Kurt

Kurt Pritz
Executive Director, Domain Name Association
kpritz at thedna.org
+1-310-400-4184
Skype: kjpritz

Begin forwarded message: