[UA-discuss] Unicode Consortium pitch

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:05:01 UTC 2016

Just to add this into the list record: At the Unicode Consortium
yesterday I did a very quick pitch about the Universal Access effort,
during the Lighting Talks session.

Main goal was to put the URL uasg.tech into their brains.

I suggest formulating a couple of standard powerpoint packages, for
introducing people to the topic.  One of perhaps 3-5 slides and one with
some more detail.  (I was going to use a few slides from the
SAT-UA- at -AfDNSF presentation that is online, but the projector wasn't
working.)

d/

ps. I was introduced to the topic of Unicode 25 years ago, during the
development of MIME and we spent months listening to a few
character/writing experts debate what we should do.  It convinced me and
some others that a) we should just package and label, which is what MIME
does, and b) this topic was far too complicated for me to get my brain
around.  So I went to one of the tutorials 2 days ago and discovered
that my assessment of the topic's complexity severely underestimated
things...  On the other hand, this seems to be a pretty tight-knit and
happy community.

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking