[UA-discuss] Regular Expression

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Tue Sep 12 19:09:32 UTC 2017

David, good article.

A couple of excerpts …

“Just send them an email already
No, I’m not joking. Just send your users an email. The activation email is a practice that’s been in use for years…”

“If you really, really want to make sure people are typing in an actual email address, just use the /@/ regular expression and call it done. If that makes you nervous, then check for the dot too: /.+ at .+\..+/i. Anything more is overkill.”

-Dennis