[UA-discuss] Regular Expression

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Sep 13 17:39:49 UTC 2017

> Em 13 de set de 2017, à(s) 02:48:000, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> escreveu:
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 05:31:55PM -0300, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
>>
>> Single IDN TLDs for some scripts is something being considered for subsequent procedures, so I would think of 1 or more and prevent the same UA challenges previous rounds TLDs are suffering.
>>

> Wait, what?  Like "localpart at IDN-TLD"?

Nope, like localpart at domain.TLD <mailto:localpart at domain.TLD> , but where TLD is a single-character IDN in languages where a character means a whole concept in that single character.

>  That won't work.  It would
> require an update of the mail standards.  (I explained this to people
> many years ago when they were preparing marketing materials about
> 'someone at brand', and was of course ignored by people who wanted to
> cash in on snake oil sales, but it still doesn't work.)

I do agree that a dotless address violates https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321> , but in 5321 I couldn't find during a quick look a requirement on TLD length.

Rubens