[UA-discuss] UA and phishiness

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed May 2 20:52:02 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 07:24:33PM +0000, Mark Svancarek wrote:
> UASG-007 says: " The following are considered to be poor practice.....Setting spam blockers to automatically block entire TLDs."
>
> This may be the only explicit statement of UASG position on this issue.

Thanks, that helps.

FWIW, this was actually a meeting about the PKI, and some people were
talking about (1) refusing certificates or (2) refusing OV or EV
certificates to people in known-to-be-troublesome TLDs unless the TLD
had a clear and working anti-abuse and takedown mechanism in place.
Given the ICANN contractual environment, that is difficult.  But as
whois/RDS gets harder to use for outside parties, I predict that more
and more anti-abuse measures will be taken at the entire TLD level.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com