[UA-discuss] GNSO requested deferral of IDN Guidelines 4.0 Vote - CPH / Registrants impact

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Tue May 14 04:53:39 UTC 2019

In article <e73833f6-0fec-4143-b3d5-6f4c7b68aa1e at ix.netcom.com> you write:
>By blocking such variants, you exclude one community from "reaching" any
>label registered for another one.

OK, I can believe it in principle.

>Time to put some of the other tools into place.

If the people who allegedly want the variant names put some effort or
money into tools to make them work, I would be considerably more
sympathetic to claims that they are important.  It would not be very
hard to write tools to take a set of variant names and create DNS
records and configure popular mail or web servers to make them work as
aliases, and anyone could have done so at some point in the past
decade, but as far as I am aware, nobody has.

R's,
John