[UA-discuss] Important UA milestone for Apple platforms (iOS, MacOSX, TvOS, WatchOS)

Vadim Mikhaylov mva at cctld.ru
Tue Jun 14 17:48:57 UTC 2022

Hi, everyone!

I'm a bit confused by the library description (see the Git link
https://github.com/karwa/swift-url). For example, in the section Project
Status - "WebURL is a complete URL library, implementing the latest
version of the URL Standard. It currently does not support
Internationalized Domain Names (IDNA), but that support is planned." and
in the section RoadMap "There is reason to hope this may be
implementable soon. Native Unicode normalization was recently
implemented in the Swift standard library for String, and there is a
desire to expose this functionality to libraries such as this one. Once
those APIs are available, we'll be able to use them to implement IDNA."

May I ask to clarify, IDNA support has already been implemented and the
description need to be updated or it's just future plans?

Best regards, Vadim.

Respectfully, Vadim A. Mikhaylov
Infrastructure consulting
Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ