[UA-discuss] 2023 UASG Chair Election Results

Seda Akbulut seda.akbulut at icann.org
Mon Apr 3 15:58:47 UTC 2023

Dear Nazar and Jim,

Thank you for your emails. We will be happy to provide clarification regarding the communication sent for announcing the UASG chair election.

The election process was open for public comment period last October https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/UASG-Election-Process-Draft.pdf. Based on the inputs, the new election process was finalized and published on https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/UASG-Election-Process-2023-onwards.pdf.

We had contracted eBallot.com to issue the ballots, count and verify them.  The results announced have been based on their certified input. The election process document includes the template for announcing the election results. When announcing the election results, this template letter has been used using the certified information from eBallot. As the template, which was reviewed by the community and UASG Leadership, does not include the details of the number of casted votes for each candidate, this information is not included.

If the community asks for sharing this data, this can be reviewed by Coordination WG and the new Leadership for the update of the next election process.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Have a great day ahead.

Kind regards,
UASG Election Coordination Team