[UA-discuss] 2023 UASG Elections and Chair Candidates

Bomi Choi Bomichoi_mocom at proton.me
Mon Mar 13 22:54:17 UTC 2023

Thank you for the update, Seda, and congratulations to Anil and Satish.
When does the voting period begin on March 14th?
Just a quick comment on the UASG Leadership Election Process document you shared. It states that Chairs and Vice-Chairs may serve for no less than two years and no more than four years, which means one term of two years and a maximum of two terms concurrently. What happens after that? Is there a Colling period after which any Chairs and Vice-Chairs can apply again and run again? In NomCOM, we have a two-year Colling period after each term.

There is no clarification in the document. I hope it's not the current intention that once someone has server 2 terms, they can never apply for that position again in their entire life span? If so than it must be thought again by the UASG community , do we really want to loose all leaders permanently.

It's also surprising that the uasg.tech website contains no details regarding previous UASG leaders.

Thanks

Bomi