[UA-discuss] [Ext] Re: ACTION REQUIRED by May 15, 2024 For Continuation of Your UASG Membership

Vadim Mikhaylov mva at cctld.ru
Fri Apr 26 11:15:11 UTC 2024

Hello everyone!

+1 to Teraza

In our region LinkedIn is blocked and I haven't any profiles on any
Institutional websites. As many of my colleagues from different regions,
as I know. Moreover, how is it possible, that to have such profiles
become mandatory?  I'm strongly believe, that UASG community have no
right to force it members to make such profiles.

Respectfully, Vadim.

26.04.2024 13:49, Teresa Cheng via UA-discuss пишет:

> Hi Seda
>
> Thank you for the reminder regarding the completion of the SOI. I
> wanted to bring to your attention a concern regarding the mandatory
> requirement to provide a *LinkedIn page or online professional profile
> (URL) on Institutional website*** *in the SOI form.
>
> As you may be aware, several countries, including mine, have
> restricted access to LinkedIn and other social media platforms. This
> restriction means that individuals like myself are unable to create or
> access LinkedIn accounts. Consequently, we are unable to fulfill the
> mandatory LinkedIn URL requirement in the SOI form.
>
> Also its completely a wrong expectation to have an individual working
> in any company will have online professional profile (URL) on
> *Institutional website**.*
>
> I believe that such a requirement could inadvertently exclude
> participants from regions where access to certain platforms is
> restricted or not have *online professional profile (URL) on
> Institutional website*. It would be highly beneficial if alternative
> options or exemptions could be considered for individuals facing these
> accessibility challenges.
>
> Also its surprise to see why such information is made mandatory to be
> provided as this is not in any ICANN approved SOI formats in any SO or
> AC’s?
>
> Also please share with us where and what all information collected by
> us will be displayed?
>
> Teraza Cheng

Respectfully, Vadim A. Mikhaylov
Infrastructure consulting