[UA-discuss] 2022/3 African DNS Study and Webinar

Mark Elkins mark at posix.co.za
Sat Jan 20 12:18:44 UTC 2024

If you live in Africa - this Webinar will be of interest to you. There
is a page in the Webinar on Universal Acceptance and access to
information on numbers of IDN Names in Africa (unfortunately very low).
The numbers from the Observatory include IDN, DNSSEC and IPv6 and if
that countries Zone is sharing their data, one can see the growth in
these numbers on a monthly basis.

-------------------------------------

Back in 2016, ICANN commissioned the DNS Study of Africa. Many community
members were key to this research output and its publication. Well, this
Study has been repeated.

As part of the Coalition for Digital Africa
(https://coalitionfordigitalafrica.africa/), ICANN and partners were
keen to assess the evolving DNS market and economic trends in Africa
that describes and quantifies the overall potential of the domain name
industry in the region.

We have prepared a draft report and we would love to have the
community’s and your input on the draft final report of the 2023 Africa
Domain Name Industry Study here
(https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/draft-final-report-of-the-2023-africa-domain-name-industry-study-21-12-2023)
The report is currently open for public comment until the 8th February
2024 when it will then be closed for submissions.

Linked to this, on Tuesday the 23rd January 2024 at 14:00 - 15:30 UTC
(90 minutes) ICANN will host a webinar on the report to feature a
comprehensive agenda that delves into key aspects of the Africa Domain
Name Industry Study, including an in-depth presentation of the draft
final report. We encourage you to register for this at
https://icann.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xC4Sue1lR0-WW6KRa0VsxQ#/registration

It's a great opportunity to learn, appreciate and contribute to the DNS
ecosystem in Africa.

Please join us for the Webinar!

--

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.826010496 <tel:+27826010496>

Posix SystemsVCARD for MJ Elkins