[UA-Measurement] Establishing a Starting point, some measures, and figuring out where to focus

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Wed Apr 1 06:42:56 UTC 2015

Thanks Ron.  Yes, of course, the mobile App is important indeed.

Don

From:  Ronald Geens <ronald.geens at dnsbelgium.be>
Date:  Wednesday, 1 April 2015 7:24 pm
To:  Don Hollander <don.hollander at icann.org>, Mohammed Alhamed
<mhamed at citc.gov.sa>, "ua-measurement at icann.org" <ua-measurement at icann.org>,
"ua-international at icann.org" <ua-international at icann.org>, Emily Taylor
<emily at emilytaylor.eu>, Elaine Pruis <elaine at donuts.co>,
"ua-comms-owner at icann.org" <ua-comms-owner at icann.org>
Subject:  Re: [UA-Measurement] Establishing a Starting point, some measures,
and figuring out where to focus

Hi Don et all,

   I have a few additions to this excellent starting point:

* In these ‘modern times’ of  apps on smartphone and tablets it is probably
also worthwhile to do some measurements on different popular apps (top 15 as
well ?) as the implementation of these apps may be quite different from the
websites with which they are typically, but not always, associated.
* Because of the large amount of work to test in all browsers on all OS’es
it may be worthwhile to consider automating this. Especially as the
measurement probably needs to be repeated periodically to measure evolution.
I know that our development team has done some testing with browserstack.com
and/or saucelabs.com (not affiliated with any of these)

Just my 2 cents,

Ron