[UA-Measurement] [UA-priority-issues] 24 March 2015

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Wed Mar 25 05:28:43 UTC 2015

Hi I am Jothan Frakes, based in Seattle WA USA.

I've been a volunteer with the Mozilla Foundation for many years, both
contributing time towards upkeep of the Mozilla Public Suffix List ("PSL") (
http://publicsuffix.org) and educating developers on the domain name
industry while educating registries new and existing about the PSL, helping
bridge the divide between the very large development community and the
ICANN community.  I am also the co-founder and content producer of the
NamesCon.vegas and international DOMAINfest.com conferences, and I
participate on the marketing committee and UA technical committee as a
member of the Domain Name Association.

I'd like to participate in / work on:

   - Outreach efforts, Education about and advocacy of the existence of new
   TLDs, IDN ccTLDs, IDN gTLDs, and EIA / UX to Developers
   - Workshops, Summits, Groups, and conference participation surrounding
   UA best practices for developers and system integrators
   - Aiding with development of a test/checklist to help developers, IT,
   and system integrators can use to identify areas requiring attention for UA
   - Where possible, including workshops, summits, groups and meetings at
   the conferences I operate.

-Jothan

Jothan Frakes
Tel: +1.206-355-0230