[UA-Measurement] Independent evaluation work in LAC starting

Mark W. Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Wed Jul 10 23:17:25 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

an independent IDNs study group was assembled within ALAC-LACRALO. They
showed excitement for multilingualism when I first presented it at LAC
DNS Forum last year, and are now moving into working on the subject.

Their initial aim is to perform regional evaluations for e-mail
acceptance in top local websites of different LAC countries, like the
one my team did in Brazil last year (attached).

My key concern is that, as we galvanize UA, interest in these smaller
studies will grow, and there is a need to keep all that information
useful and accessible.

There are two priorities I am currently working on:

1) Creating a 1-page document describing which websites are supposed to
be tested and how people should do it. We have followed some guidelines
excluding malware domains but not discriminating websites due to their
content, for example.

2) In anticipation of the global e-mail tests report that I hope will be
released this week, I think any measurement report moving forward should
follow an appropriate metadata schema that allows us to aggregate data
over the years and across all regions. I am including a copy of the one
we developed attached to this e-mail (it is an excerpt from the full
report).

I would appreciate any information on how this collides with any
preexisting UA documents, as well as people or teams that are
potentially working in parallel in similar matters, and so on. I think
it's vital to be proactive at this early stage.

Regards,
--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
Representing businesses in IG together with AR-TARC and ABES