[UA-Measurement] Research project opportunities

Jay Daley jay at daley.org.nz
Tue Jul 30 01:50:49 UTC 2019

That’s a very good idea.

Another suggestion relates to identifying where best to direct our resources:

Searching public code repositories for email address validation code (which will require some thought on how to do that)
— develop a method using static code analysis to determine if that code is UA compliant
— develop a measure for assessing how well used each of those libraries/projects is
— categorise the different methods used for email address validation (code, regular expression, external lookup etc)

Even just one of those fours parts would be useful.

Jay

> On 30/07/2019, at 1:40 PM, Dr. Ajay Data <ajay at data.in> wrote:
>
> This is Excellent opportunity. Can we not put them very specific task to find what need to be done in LAMP / MEAN / HOPE / OPEN stack to be UA ready and if some of them UA ready we can easily promote them to make UA ready applications. Our Technology WG can help/ guide them whenever required.
>
> We shall utilize this offer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ajay
>
> On July 30, 2019 12:33:29 AM GMT+05:30, "Tan Tanaka, Dennis via UA-Measurement" <ua-measurement at icann.org <mailto:ua-measurement at icann.org>> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Dr. Goundar is offering some extra brains and hands if we could find good research projects for his students. Please read below and feel free to reach to him for more details.
>
> -Dennis
>

> Please disseminate this amongst our working group.
>
> I am the capstone research project supervisor this semester and students are requesting for research topics. Students with CS/IS skills will work on the research project for the next 10 weeks.
>
> This is an ideal opportunity to get some work done by groups of students that will assist with what we are doing. Please suggest some research projects that these students can undertake for the next 10 weeks.
>
> For example, checking web sites for universal acceptance or whatever else might help.
>
> If you have something major or more technical, then I can get a Master student involved for a full-time one year project.
>
> Regards,
>
> Professor Dr. Sam Goundar, PhD. (USA)
>
> Senior Member, IEEE | Member, ACS
>
> Editor-In-Chief, International Journal of Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies (IJBC)
> http://www.inderscience.com/ijbc <http://www.inderscience.com/ijbc>
>
> Editor-In-Chief, International Journal of Fog Computing (IJFC)
> http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-fog-computing/175202 <http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-fog-computing/175202>
>
> Editor-In-Chief, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC)
> http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-cloud-applications-computing/41974 <http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-cloud-applications-computing/41974>
>
> Section Editor, Journal of Education and Information Technologies (EAIT)
> http://www.springer.com/computer/journal/10639 <http://www.springer.com/computer/journal/10639>
>
> Senior Lecturer – Information Systems
> School of Information Sciences, Faculty of Science Technology & Environment,
> The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji | Email: sam.goundar at usp.ac.fj <mailto:sam.goundar at usp.ac.fj> | Phone: +6798680679
>
> Senior Lecturer – Management Information Systems
> Graduate School of Business (MBA), Faculty of Business & Economics,
> [...]

Jay Daley
jay at daley.org.nz
+64 21 678840
skype: jaydaley