[UA-Measurement] UA Readiness in Social Network Applications

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Thu Nov 5 20:26:39 UTC 2020

All,

The UA Measurement working group is developing the scope of work to define the gap analysis on social network applications. The draft sow is linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_byW1hAAeiob_a7xErBFwpG6be9O6udu/view?usp=sharing

This is working draft and at this point we would welcome your questions and observations to finalize the document. Feedback is welcome no later than Tuesday Nov 10th.

At a glance: we want to determine the behavior of certain social network applications (e.g. Facebook, Wechat, Line, Linkedin, etc.) vis-à-vis functions where domain names and email addresses can be used. The testing framework is defined by UASG026 – UA Readiness Framework and the test domain names  and email addresses will be selected from UASG004 (once finalized).

We aim to provide our Local Initiatives with information they can use to create conversation opportunities within their regions. This is why we plan to incorporate “locale” as a parameter of testing, as well as selecting relevant applications within certain regions. The working group sought the feedback from Local Initiatives and ICANN GSE to provide the names of these applications.

If you want to participate “in-person”, you are invited to join our next session on Nov 11th at 15:00 UTC where the working group will be finalizing the document. To receive the meeting invite please contact @mohamed.elbashir at icann.org<mailto:mohamed.elbashir at icann.org>.

Thank you,
Dennis, on behalf the UAM-WG