[UA-Measurement] cPanel

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at oxil.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 15:57:39 UTC 2020

HI Dennis

Yes, we looked at this issue for a recent study we did on EAI. We'd been
hoping to use CPanel as a control environment and found to our surprise
that it didn't support EAI very well at all.  CPanel is widely used among
registrars as a hosting platform.  I can put you in touch with our tech
guys if you'd find it helpful.

Best

Emily

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 3:44 PM Tan Tanaka, Dennis via UA-Measurement <
ua-measurement at icann.org> wrote:

> I recently had a conversation with the chair of the CIS-EE local
> initiative, Maria Kolesnikova; she mentioned that in her conversations with
> local hosting providers cPanel is often listed as a roadblock for
> supporting IDNs and internationalized email address. I quickly looked at
> cPanel’s website for information about this platform and it is not quite a
> content management system, rather a platform underneath it (I may be wrong)?
>

> Anyone in the working group with first-hand knowledge of cPanel and its
> relationship with CMS?; what are the other site management software
> platforms?; if this type of platform is something different than CMS but
> relates to the CMS ecosystem, would it make sense to study it from a
> UA-readiness standpoint?
>

> Dennis

Emily Taylor

CEO, Oxford Information Labs
*A**ssociate Fellow, Chatham House; Editor, Journal of Cyber Policy;
Research Associate, Oxford Internet Institute; **Affiliate Professor,
Dirpolis Institute, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa. **MA
(Cantab), Solicitor (non-practising), MBA.*

Lincoln House, Pony Road, Oxford OX4 2RD | T: 01865 582885
E: emily.taylor at oxil.co.uk | D: 01865 582811 | M: +44 7540 049322

<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/pgas/rcyb-cfp-2017>[image:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcyb20/current]
<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/pgas/rcyb-cfp-2017>

Registered office: Lincoln House, 4 Pony Road, Oxford OX4 2RD. Registered
in England and Wales No. 4520925. VAT No. 799526263

.