[UA-Measurement] Nominations for UA Measurement WG Vice-Chair positions - Now Open

Imran Hossen imran at eysoftbd.com
Mon Jul 24 07:00:29 UTC 2023

Dear UASG Leadership Team and UA Measurement Working Group members,

I am writing to express my keen interest in serving as one of the
Vice-Chairs in the UA Measurement Working Group (WG). My passion for
advancing Universal Acceptance (UA) and my extensive experience in the
domain name registration, cyber security, email hosting, and cloud web
hosting industry make me well-suited for this crucial role.

*Statement of Interest: *
As an entrepreneur and tech enthusiast, I strongly believe in the
importance of creating an inclusive and accessible internet environment for
all users. Universal Acceptance is a critical aspect of achieving this
goal. I am committed to contributing my knowledge, skills, and time to help
the UA Measurement WG define and address UA-readiness gaps effectively.

Having been an active member of the UASG , I have gained valuable insights
into the challenges faced by various platforms and ecosystems. My aim is to
utilize this knowledge to foster UA adoption and promote the use of
internationalized domain names (IDNs) to ensure that all internet users can
access digital services without encountering technical barriers.

*Relevant Experience:*

   1.

   Founder and Managing Director of EyHost Ltd: As the founder of a company
   that provides domain name registration, cyber security, email hosting, and
   cloud web hosting services, I have a comprehensive understanding of the
   technical aspects and challenges related to UA implementation. My hands-on
   experience in these areas has given me valuable insights into how
   UA-readiness can impact user experiences.
   2.

   Active Involvement in Internet Governance Initiatives: I have actively
   participated in various internet governance initiatives, including being a
   member of the IDNs EPDP String Similarity Review small team, GNSO Statement
   of Interest Task Force, and an Observer in the Transfer Policy Review PDP
   WG. These engagements have allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of
   internet policy issues and the importance of Universal Acceptance in
   achieving a truly inclusive internet.
   3.

   Fellowships and Recognition: My participation in fellowships from
   reputable organizations such as ICANN, APSIG, APTLD, and bdSIG has equipped
   me with extensive knowledge in internet governance. I have had the
   opportunity to collaborate with global experts and contribute to
   discussions on shaping the future of the internet.
   4.

   Co-Chair of Web Services in BASIS: In my role as Co-Chair of Web
   Services in the Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services
   (BASIS), I have actively advocated for UA implementation and facilitated
   discussions on best practices to ensure accessibility and usability of web
   services.

In summary, my commitment to advancing Universal Acceptance, along with my
technical expertise, entrepreneurial spirit, and involvement in internet
governance, positions me well for the Vice-Chair role in the UA Measurement
WG. If given the opportunity, I am dedicated to working collaboratively
with the WG members and the UASG Leadership Team to drive meaningful
progress in measuring and promoting UA-readiness across diverse platforms.

Thank you for considering my self-nomination. I am eager to contribute to
the success of the UA Measurement WG and the broader mission of the
Universal Acceptance Steering Group.

Sincerely,

On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 12:46 AM Seda Akbulut via UA-Measurement <
ua-measurement at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear UA Measurement Working Group (WG) members,
>

> I am writing to inform all of you that the UASG Leadership is calling for
> nominations for the following open positions:
>
>    - *Vice-Chair of UA Measurement WG (two open positions)*
>

> The Vice Chairs should have a solid understanding of identifying key
> UA-readiness gaps and expertise in gap analysis. The Vice Chairs should be
> able to develop reports on the UA-readiness of various platforms and/or
> ecosystems, such as websites, social media applications, email systems,
> programming languages (open source, libraries, etc.).
>

> For reference, please review the details of this process and requirements
> in the Measurement WG Charter
> <https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/UASG-Measurement-Working-Group-Charter-20190919.pdf>.
>
> More details about the Measurement WG action plans are here
> <https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/UASG-FY24-Action-Plan.pdf>.
>

> Please share self-nomination or support for self-nominations using the
> Measurement WG email list.
>

> Please share self-nominations by 31 August 2023 Monday, 12:00 UTC. This
> can be done by emailing on the UA Measurement WG mailing list with your
> interest in vice-chair position sharing a short “Statement of Interest” and
> relevant experience in your email.
>

> We are always looking for candidates who can volunteer their time and
> effort to promote UA. Please consider participating.
>

> Thank you all for your continued efforts to promote UA.
>

> Regards,
>
> Seda
>

> For UASG Leadership Team

*Imran Hossen*
Managing Director   | CEO
*EyHost Ltd.  *          | *EySoft IT Solution*
*Skype:* imran891
*Phone: *+8801719474927
www.eysoftbd.com | www.eyhost.biz