[vip] Educational session on existing variant practices

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jul 5 10:38:32 UTC 2011

    I believe Andrew could tell us what the present situation of
    the xNAME discussion is. I had to take some unavoidable time
    of absence lately and I am a little uninformed since so please
    forgive me for not giving you a clear picture of the current
    status of this issue.

As far as I know, there is still no clear picture what the requirements
are for "variants". Furthermore, it seems that a "quick fix" in the
style of more alias mechanisms is good enough or even doable.
Therefore this discussion about variants to analyse the problem and
hopefully come up with a better understanding.

	jaap