[vip] Educational session on existing variant practices

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Fri Jul 15 17:53:22 UTC 2011

Dear all, the IDN variant project team appreciates your contribution. Based on the request, we will organize a webinar.

Here is a draft agenda:

1.  An overview of existing TLD programs related to variants by ICANN staff [15 minutes]

2. Experience of variant handling in ccTLDs [50 minutes]

Five presentations, 7 mins each + 15 mins Q&A

 *   Fahd Batayneh, Iftikhar H. Shah, Behnam Esfahbod, Andrzej Bartosiewicz, Vladimir Shadrunov

4: Overview of DNS mechanisms and status from IETF standards.  [7 mins]

5: Outline of RFC discussions about variant handling.  [15 mins]

6. 3 min wrap up.

Before we close the queue, are there any others willing to share their experiences?

We will also proceed to arrange a time that speakers can make and announce the dates shortly. Given the global nature of our audience, we may have to run two exact webinars.

Warm regards,
IDN Variant Project Team