[vip] 答复: Educational session on existing variant practices

Zhang Joe joe.zhang at unihan.com.cn
Sun Jul 24 22:23:13 UTC 2011

Sorry, I can not open the web site yet.

Zhang Zhoucai (Joe)

Chinese Case Study Team Member

ICANN/IDN Variant Project

skype: joezhang43

MSN: joezhang43 at hotmail.com

http://Hanzi.unihan.com.cn

发件人: vip-bounces at icann.org [mailto:vip-bounces at icann.org] 代表 Andrzej
Bartosiewicz
发送时间: 2011年7月25日 4:43
收件人: vip at icann.org; Steve Sheng; Vladimir Shadrunov
主题: Re: [vip] Educational session on existing variant practices

Dear Steve,

Here are my draft slides for webinar:
http://yonita.com/ICANN-IDN-Variants-Bartosiewicz.pdf
http://yonita.com/ICANN-IDN-Variants-Bartosiewicz.pptx

Best,
Andrzej

On 7/15/2011 7:53 PM, Steve Sheng wrote:

Dear all, the IDN variant project team appreciates your contribution. Based
on the request, we will organize a webinar.

Here is a draft agenda:

1.  An overview of existing TLD programs related to variants by ICANN staff
[15 minutes]

2. Experience of variant handling in ccTLDs [50 minutes]

Five presentations, 7 mins each + 15 mins Q&A

*	Fahd Batayneh, Iftikhar H. Shah, Behnam Esfahbod, Andrzej
Bartosiewicz, Vladimir Shadrunov

4: Overview of DNS mechanisms and status from IETF standards.  [7 mins]

5: Outline of RFC discussions about variant handling.  [15 mins]

6. 3 min wrap up.

Before we close the queue, are there any others willing to share their
experiences?

We will also proceed to arrange a time that speakers can make and announce
the dates shortly. Given the global nature of our audience, we may have to
run two exact webinars.

Warm regards,
IDN Variant Project Team