[vip] Educational session on existing variant practices

Andrzej Bartosiewicz andrzej at Yonita.com
Mon Jul 25 18:56:08 UTC 2011

Jothan,

I fully agree that we should document "ae" as type of "variant" and
think how to address it.

I think that discussion that is taking place with Mozilla is a good
example for us, what should we (ICANN) expect when new TLDs will be
opened and variant-TLDs are going to be submitted.

What I don't actually understand with Mozilla (and this is out of the
scope of ICANN VIP - sorry to mention this here): why exactly the same
policies (DENIC for .DE and ARNES for .SI) are treated by Mozilla in
completely different way - the first one is "whitelisted" and the second
one is "blacklisted". Maybe ICANN VIP experts can also take a look at
this problem and help our colleagues from .SI ccTLD to solve the problem
with Mozilla _*different treatment*_ of different TLDs with the _*same
policies*_.

Best,
--
*Dr. Andrzej Bartosiewicz*, CEO & President, Yonita Inc.
<http://www.yonita.com>