[vip] LGR format update, LAGER mailing list established

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Thu Jun 25 13:28:20 UTC 2015

Colleagues,

Some quick news on the LGR format specification.

The 11th revision of the draft has just been posted. You can find it online at https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davies-idntables and a comparison of changes from the last version is at https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-davies-idntables-10.txt

As the document is in pretty good shape, we have had dialogue with senior leaders of the IETF to work out the best path to finalise it and turn it into an RFC. There is enthusiasm for making this a formal standards-track IETF document, which means it has a higher standing than an “informational” document we were originally thinking of. This process requires more formal deliberation within the IETF and review by additional parties.

To aid this, the IETF is considering establishing a new working group called “lager” to perform this review. You can find the proposed charter for this group at https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/lager/charter/. Most importantly, a mailing list has been created and I would encourage anyone interested in the specification to sign up and contribute to the discussions that will happen there.

cheers,

kim

Kim Davies
Director, Technical Services