[Ws2-guidelines] Guidelines Draft Posted For Internal Feedback

Lori Schulman lschulman at inta.org
Tue Oct 25 15:50:56 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I gave an update to the CCWG plenary call today.   I explained where we are in our process and was very clear that our draft is just a first thought and should not be considered anything but that.  We have posted the document in Google Docs with instructions on how to insert comments.  The link is on our subgroups Wiki page.  I will insert Sam's comments from last week.  I included his comments as part of my verbal report to the group this morning.  Alan Greenberg did an excellent intervention on explaining our drafting challenges given that we are responsible for developing a process and the consensus report clearly does not want an exhaustive list of causes.  What is the appropriate language for removal if we decide not to make any reference to cause?  Should the word "reason" be substituted for cause in section 1?  What other terms could we use?   Do Section 2 points a-c create the "cause" issue that we are trying to avoid?  Please take time to really look at the document and share your input.  Our report is due to the CCWG on Friday and I would like to share as much feedback as we can with the group.  Ideally, I will attach the draft with all of our substantive comments and thoughts.  See the link below or access it from the wiki.

https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Guidelines+for+Good+Faith+Conduct?preview=/59643294/62399929/WS2%20Guidelines%20for%20Good%20Faith%20Rough%20Annotated%20Draft%2010-18-16.docx

Here is how to make a comment - once you open the document, the last icon below on the right (highlighted in yellow) - click on it and drag it to where you want to make a comment - then a comment box appears for people to type in their comments - make sense?  Please review when you can and let me know if this is ok.  :)

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D22EB6.07384720]

Lori Schulman
Senior Director, Internet Policy
International Trademark Association
1250 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 200
Washington DC, USA
+1-202-704-0408, skype: lsschulman
www.inta.org<http://www.inta.org/>

Find us on: [Description: Description: Description: cid:F361C18F-02FE-4CF0-A43E-AA8566DC2514]  Twitter<https://twitter.com/INTA>  [Description: Description: LinkedIn]  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groupInvitation?groupID=69899>  [Description: Description: facebook-logo (2)]  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/GoINTA?ref=ts>