[Ws2-jurisdiction] Welcome to the WS2 Jurisdiction Subgroup!

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Fri Aug 12 11:55:22 UTC 2016

I do as well

David

David McAuley
International Policy Manager
Verisign Inc.
703-948-4154

From: ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ws2-jurisdiction-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Kavouss Arasteh
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:55 PM
To: Greg Shatan
Cc: ws2-jurisdiction at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Ws2-jurisdiction] Welcome to the WS2 Jurisdiction Subgroup!

I support your view Grec
Kavouss

All,

I've been reviewing the results of the Doodle polls on call times, and I see that quite a number of votes came from "Observers."

As I understand it, "Observers" do not get invited to the calls.  If you want to participate in the calls, you will need to upgrade your status to "Member."

I think we will need to find a way to discount the votes of Observers when considering the results, since their time constraints should not affect the outcome (because they won't be on the calls...)

I appreciate the high level of compliance (another subgroup Rapporteur was concerned that their Doodle poll had zero responses), but I'm not sure why "Observers" voted at all.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Greg