[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: Welcome to the WS2 Jurisdiction Subgroup!

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:30:23 UTC 2016

All,

Thanks for your comments to date.  We've heard from about a half-dozen
members so far, and it would be helpful to hear from more before fixing a
long-term slot or rotation.

In my view we need to accommodate our members as best we can, so we can do
our work; those are the demographics we need to deal with.  I will note
that "Iran and west" includes not only NA and EU, but also AF (as pointed
out by Mike Silber) and SA, as well as the Middle East, Western Asia and
portions of Central Asia.  I will also note that among the 4 respondents
from "east of Iran" the votes for the 13:00 time slot, there were 2 yes
votes, 1 if need be and 1 no.

All that said, this is a decision to be made by the group, and as such, the
more members' voices heard the better.  I'm not sure running another doodle
poll would help, but I'd rather let the discussion go forward first.  One
shortcoming of polls is that they do not allow for dialogue.  As such, if
there is another poll, let's have it after further dialogue, so that the
participants can keep in mind various viewpoints as they respond.

In the interests of transparency, here are the quantitative results from
the Doodle poll.  I excluded all results involving the 05:00 time slot,
since there was little support for this slot in any configuration.

Greg

*FIXED TIME VS. ROTATION SURVEY*

*MEMBERS ONLY*

*Yes*

*If Need be*

*No*

19:00 Fixed Time

18

1

4

13:00 Fixed Time

10

3

10

13/19 Rotation

11

7

5

*ALL PARTICIPANTS*

19:00 Fixed Time

21

2

7

13:00 Fixed Time

13

5

12

13/19 Rotation

13

9

8

*TIME OF DAY SURVEY *(Yes : If Need Be : No)

*MEMBERS ONLY*

*Monday*

*Tuesday*

*Wednesday*