[Ws2-jurisdiction] Google Doc for Jurisdiction Subgroup Status Update

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:55:55 UTC 2016

Parminder,

This treatment of the issue of changing headquarters or incorporation
jurisdiction was discussed on the list and accepted at meeting 7 of the
subgroup.  I agree that there is disagreement on how or even whether to
address this topic, and whether it is in scope.  There are some in the
group who believe that this topic should be definitively closed off and not
revisited by the group.  There are others who wish to discuss it further.
Regardless, discussing the topic on general terms without any context was
becoming circular and blocking the group from consideration of issues that
we are clearly required to deal with.

This treatment is intended as a compromise, allowing us to move forward
with work that is agreed to be within scope, while leaving room to revisit
this issue later and in context.

Let me clarify that there is a world of difference between "closing" a
topic and "putting aside" a topic.  A closed topic is essentially decided
and will not be revisited by the group (absent extraordinary
circumstances).  A topic "put aside" is one that will not be discussed at
the current time, but will be revisited by the group later on.  It is
essential that we try to work in an orderly fashion, and addressing too
many topics simultaneously results in a lack of progress on any of the
topics.  Having spent some time on this topic and *not* being able to close
it (in favor of any determination), the decision was made to put it aside
in order to move forward on other topics.

Nonetheless, I have noted on the status report that you wish to be
disassociated from this statement.

Best regards,

Greg

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com